FDDI SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP (FSBE)
As an institution under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce & Industry, FDDI shares the government's responsibility of promoting trade and commerce within India.
The FDDI School of Business & Entrepreneurship seeks to create a platform that offers meaningful business education to young students and specifically moulds them towards entrepreneurship.
Training and orientation especially that which is received during early youth shape a person's world -view for the rest of his life. As businesses begin to wield a greater control
- about how we, as a civilization, use our resources - it is imperative that people who handle these businesses are given adequate training in all aspects of business, and are made aware of how their actions shape the lives of those around them.
FSBE has been created to empower Indian youth by training them to think like leaders, as employment creators, as value generators - and equip them with the skills they will need to create opportunities, not just for themselves but for those around them.
The focus is on offering radical education in business & value creation to young students that will ultimately enable students to develop a sound understanding of how business and economic decisions affect the health of each individual in the society.
The learning at the FSBE is one of continual experiential immersion- where a student is exposed to real life business situations and theoretical information simultaneously. The teaching tools include:
• Subject Lectures by University Faculty
• Lectures by Eminent Corporate Personalities
• Case Study Analysis
• 16 Week Internships (at the end of each semester)
• Live Industry Projects & Research Projects
• Field trips & Rural Immersion Visits
• Industrial Trips
• Adoption of SME and MSME: a group of students and faculty members will be 'responsible' for a particular Small/Medium sized enterprise and will be working closely with the adopted company to enhance its productivity and business efficiency.
• Individualized Mentoring for selected enterprises at the Incubator
Students intern compulsorily for a 16 week period with start-ups/new business areas of established enterprises at the end of each year.
The college has an active corporate liaison cell which will be responsible for sourcing internship opportunities as well as monitoring student performance during these tenures.
01. INTEGRATED PROGRAM IN BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
|Course Code: 08
|Duration: 3 Years
|Eligibility: 10+2 / Intermediate (Candidates appearing in 10+2/ Intermediate may also apply.)
|Number of Seats: Noida campus – 60, Rohtak Campus -60
In today's times when trade & enterprise, are overcoming social, geographical and political barriers to alter the face of human civilization - it has become imperative to give a fresh thought to how we select, train and nurture professions who will handle businesses in the future.
The main thrust of the IPBE is on creating entrepreneurs who will have adequate theoretical and practical knowledge of all aspects of conceptualizing, managing and promoting a business enterprise.
These entrepreneurial leaders will be able to utilize resources available to them to create organizations larger than themselves and generate employment for others.
The course consists of core and elective subjects divided over the 10 semesters. The core subjects include subjects from various disciplines that are required to develop theoretical foundations of business management.
The first three years to be spent building fundamentals of the three most crucial aspects of business- Product development & Marketing; Financial Management and Human Resource Management. Further, the curriculum helps develop the analytical skills required by a management professional. This is followed by two year of specialized study.
Adequate time is spent to each functional area to ensure conceptual clarity and in- depth understanding which is especially important in view of rapidly increasing body of knowledge in the field of management - and the dynamic nature of business management.
18 month corporate exposure is built into the program through internships at the end of each semester- so that the graduate who passes out of campus is NOT just a fresh graduate.
Students & teachers work closely in groups on real life business problems. Students are expected to draft a business plan, source capital, develop & then successfully launch a product. The purpose is to make the campus a breeding ground for guided start- ups where students learn the art of business management, through first-hand experiences.
1.Core Papers on:
a. Need gap Analysis
b. Global competition
c. Business in emerging economies, with special focus on BRICS
d. Group dynamics & leadership, with focus on leadership in Indian context
f. Managing Public- private partnerships ( PPPs)
g. Organizational Design in Non Profit organizations
h. E Commerce
i. Creativity & Problem solving
2. Non - credit modules are included to inculcate
a. Spiritual leadership
b. Communication Skills
c. Whole brain thinking
It is envisioned that, by the end of the program - a student would be either
- Ready with a business plan - to present to venture capitalists, who shall be visiting the campus at regular intervals or
- Already on his way to intrapreneurial success via the start-up - in which he/she interned during the course of the study or
- Ready to work in corporate set up- in a functional area in which he/ she has specialized during course of study.
Academic Programmes Offered