DESIGN MARATHON 2.0
Footwear Design & Development Institute (FDDI) is organizing the ‘Design Marathon 2.0’ on 08th June 2022.
‘Design Marathon 2.0’ is being instituted by FDDI to bring out the creativity of the students of the ‘Foundation Batch’ to encourage and promote the designing capabilities in accordance with the industry requirements.
As an Institute of National Importance (INI), FDDI uses Design to inculcate empathy, creativity, teamwork, problem solving & most important confidence within the students both through a balanced mix of classroom & practical sessions.
During the ‘Design Marathon 2.0’, the students will be showcasing their ‘Design Thinking & Design Methods’ projects which provides a platform to the students for presenting their innovative solutions & prototypes on 11 real time social causes. It also showcases what a user goes through when interacting with one’s product or service.
For the event, more than 100 students are participating & showcasing their semester practical projects to a committee of scholars and senior specialists in design including Prof. Subhasis Maji, Mechanical Engineering School of Engineering & Technology, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Mr. Lalit Kumar Das, Distinguished Honorary Professor, Delhi Technological University (DTU) & Distinguished Visiting Professor, School of Design, IIT Bombay and others [The Jury] who would access each one of the designs on a scale of 100 points to gauge the designs’ compliance with the criteria of the ‘Design Thinking & Design Methods’.
The students are split across 22 groups & competed against each other in the day-long, fun filled, practical assessment event. The design themes are:
- Explore accessory range for domestic pets;
- Modular solution for carrying animals long distance in trucks;
- Solution for students / professionals to work from anywhere;
- Design for paraplegic people who love to / have to travel ;
- Solution to improve safety for single working women;
- Next generation vending cart for hawkers;
- Electric vehicle solution for last mile public transport;
- Updated ecosystem for religious places in light of pandemic;
- Medicine administering solution for senior citizens;
- Future experience of premium shoe buyers / users;
- Solutions for blind people to assist them in daily needs.
The Jury will adjudge that the students understand the entire solution of what they need to deliver to make the product a success. They will be evaluated on Implementation of Design Thinking Process, Final Product & Digital Design, and Presentation Skills.